The biggest challenge the world is facing today is environmental pollution.
In America, over 1.2 trillion gallons of industrial waste, and untreated stormwater and sewage are discharged into rivers and lakes. This has rendered 46% and 40% of lakes and rivers, respectively, unsuitable for swimming, fishing, and aquatic life.
A third of the world’s topsoil is degraded. It’s estimated that most of the topsoil will be no more in the next six decades. Soil degradation has been attributed to the following factors:
- Poor industrial practices
- Improper agricultural practices
In 1952, the Great Smog of London resulted in the death of 8,000 people. Windless conditions and a period of cold weather created a thick airborne layer of pollutants made up of coal plants over the city, resulting in the Smog.
Pollution greatly impacts the environment, including living organisms. It’s responsible for the following:
- Environmental destruction
- Food and water contamination
- Diseases and cancers in humans and wildlife
- Air contamination
- Destruction of the atmosphere that shields humans from harmful UV rays
What’s more, the ever-increasing population worldwide doesn’t make it easier to fight pollution problems. Therefore, it’s necessary to reduce pollution.
We understand the effects of pollution on the environment and the world at large, hence empower our readers to take even the smallest steps towards environmental protection.
Every individual has the responsibility to take action towards environmental protection. Ignoring the problem isn’t the solution because pollution can be catastrophic to life itself.
Some measures in place to protect the environment include:
- Governmental policies
- Continuous planning
- Participation of industrial and public sectors
Fight pollution and improve your quality of life as follows:
- Deploy recycling policies
- Reduce waste
- Develop safe renewable energy
- Decrease waste
- Banning dangerous chemicals used in agriculture
These factors reduce environmental pollution and improve your quality of living.
Random Recycling, we offer various ways people can protect the environment through recycling and reuse initiatives. We help ensure that you have clean water to drink, air to breathe, and public lands to enjoy living in.
Basics of Recycling
We help our readers collect and process materials destined for landfills. They’re turned into new, reusable products. What’s more, we endeavor to ensure that local environments and communities benefit from small efforts made to recycle recyclables.
We support random recycling to help with the following:
- Conservation of natural resources such as water, timber, and minerals
- Reduction of waste dumped in incinerators and landfills
- Prevention of pollution through a reduced collection of new raw materials
- Increased economic security through the use of domestic material sources
- Manufacturing support
- Conservation of valuable resources and energy
- Job creation in the manufacturing and recycling industries
We recommend a basic process in recycling materials to create an endless loop. It includes:
- Material collection and processing
- Buying new products made from recycled materials
We’re your resource to learn how to reduce waste, reuse, and recycle materials to help you save energy, money, and natural resources. Find out how to be part of the eco-friendly movement.