All parties are better with cookies. Even better are cookies that are both salty and sweet. This week I hosted a group of bloggers and blog contributors from the Parent Talk Matters blog. We got our work done and then checked out the lovely goodies from the sponsors of Healthy Child Healthy World parties. Nearly 5000 people are hosting parties to spread the mission of Healthy Child, Healthy World.
- Avoid Pesticides
- Use Non-Toxic Products
- Clean Up Indoor Air
- Eat Healthy
- Be Wise With Plastics
Guests went home with products from Nordic Naturals, CleanWell, Dapple, Luna Bars, Topricin, Eco Store and more. I am a big believer in making little steps to create a greener home environment. Switching to more eco friendly products is simple and sometimes the first steps parents make when bringing home a new baby.
Thank you to both Hint Water and Pretzel Crisps for also providing some fun refreshments for our event. We even served organic wine!
Now for the recipe…
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Sea Salt Cookies
(adapted from The Motherload)
2 sticks of butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups semisweet mini chocolate chips (12 oz package)
sea salt flakes or kosher salt
1. Beat butter and sugars together in a mixer until creamy.
2. Add in the eggs and vanilla, beat until thoroughly combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Slowly add flour mix to the egg and sugar mix.
5. Stir in oats and chocolate chips until combined.
6. Drop rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet
7. Press down each cookie slightly and sprinkle with sea salt.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until golden brown.
9. Cool for 3 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.
10. Makes 4 dozen small cookies or about 3 dozen large.
I love to hear your feedback and comments. Stop by and visit Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter for more conversation! Or get posts delivered via Email or RSS Feed. Thanks! I’m sharing this with What’s Cooking Wed.
- Plan It, Don’t Panic ~easy, nutritious recipes and meal planning strategies
- Healthy Snacks to Go ~ healthy granola bars, lara bars and more snack recipes
- One Bite at a Time ~ organizing, one task at a time
About Emily Roach
Green Boston mom of three young children. Focused on family nutrition, wholesome recipes, and an eco-friendly lifestyle.